LawTalk, Attorney
Experience:  30 years legal experience and I keep current in Employment Law through regular continuing education.

My mother in law has been receiving a partial pension

Customer Question

My mother in law has been receiving a partial pension payment from her ex husband after his death. What happens to this payment upon her death?
Category: Employment Law
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
This is a uaw pension from Ford Motor company and my father in law was remarried at the time of his death the pension was split between wives
Expert:  LawTalk replied 2 months ago.

Good afternoon Sandra,

I'm Doug, and I'm sorry to hear of the confusion. My goal is to provide you with excellent service today.

When your Mother-in-Laws husband retired he chose the beneficiary option to his pension plan which resulted in your mother-in-law being eligible for a beneficiary pension on his passing. However, as with all pensions, once the primary beneficiary has died and the successor trustee (your mother-in-law) passes, the pension payments simply stop. There is no further payment owed by the pension plan to the estate of the deceased.

You may reply back to me using the Reply link and I will be happy to continue to assist you until I am able to address your concerns, to your satisfaction.

I hope that I have been able to fully answer your question. As I am not an employee of JustAnswer, please be so kind as to rate my service to you. That is the only way I am compensated for assisting you. Thank you in advance.

I wish you and yours the best in 2016,

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Thank you
Expert:  LawTalk replied 2 months ago.

Thank you for your kind words, Sandra. They are appreciated.

Please understand that in order for me to be compensated for having helped you, I need for you to positively rate my service to you by clicking on the rating stars located on your answer page---three stars or more. It is that easy.

Thanks in advance.

I wish you the best,

Expert:  LawTalk replied 2 months ago.

This seems like a very crucial matter for you, and your questions and issues suggest that an in-depth conversation might best suit your needs. If you are interested, for a very nominal charge I can offer you a private phone conference as opposed to continuing in this question and answer thread which is searchable and viewable by the public.

Please know that I answered your question in good faith, and with the expectation that you would act similarly and rate my service to you. If I have already provided you with the information you asked for and you have no additional questions, would you please now rate my service to you so I can be compensated for assisting you?

Thanks in advance,