Lucy, Esq., Lawyer
Experience:  Former judicial law clerk, lawyer
26798026

Do I have any recourse if I'm told I'm not eligible for

Customer Question

Do I have any recourse if I'm told I'm not eligible for unemployment?
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Lucy, Esq. replied 3 months ago.

I'm Lucy, and I'd be happy to answer your questions today.

You have a right to appeal the decision within 15 days after it's made. If the fifteenth day falls on a holiday or weekend, you get until the next day. The appeal goes to a referee, who will schedule a hearing. Your former employer gets notice of the hearing, and you'll both go to present your side of the story. Look at their reasons for denying you so you can target your appeal to convincing them a mistake was made on that decision.

You can file the appeal by mail, fax, and online. This site has instructions, along with the forms you'll need.

http://www.uc.pa.gov/appeals/Pages/Appealing-a-UC-Service-Center-Determination-to-a-UC-Referee.aspx

If you have any questions or concerns about my response, please reply WITHOUT RATING. It's important that you are 100% satisfied with my courtesy and professionalism. Otherwise, please rate my service positively so I am paid for the time I spend answering questions. If you are on a mobile device, you may need to scroll to the right. There is no charge for follow-up questions. Thank you.