Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA, recognized by ABA for excellence.

I have an issue with one recruiter who represented me for a

Customer Question

I have an issue with one recruiter who represented me for a major consulting company. I would like to discuss the situation in more details
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Attorney2020 replied 2 months ago.

What are your questions? Thanks.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
3 months ago I was presented by one Indian recruiter to a major us IT company and after I interviewed the recruiter told me that I did well that they would like to bring me on board , but we had to lower the pay rate from $37 per hour to $28 per hour (all other recruiters told me that it is an unusually big drop). After I agreed , everything sort of disappeared and the recruiter was never able to get in touch with the implementation partner. Now I have almost a repeat of the same situation only without slashing the pay. I interviewed last Monday and on Tuesday the recruiter told me that I got shortlisted for the job, but I never got an offer letter. The recruiter kept assuring me that I have the job locked and the feedback from the client is that they are working on it. However, tomorrow (Tuesday) it will be a week since I got confirmed. Before I ask follow ups, does it ever happen that people wait for a week after they are confirmed for a job to get an offer letter?
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
specifically for contract jobs
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
the expert who was going to help me initially is unavailable , so please open it to other experts