Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA, recognized by ABA for excellence.

I began a job 7 weeks ago in one role (Customer Success

Customer Question

I began a job 7 weeks ago in one role (Customer Success Manager in charge of relationship management) that was changed 2 weeks into my tenure to another drastically different role Sales - cold calling) and now my boss is telling me that I will receive a new Offer Letter with a new salary quote. I am a 63 years old woman and gut feeling that I am being pushed out. What are my rights in CA?
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Legalease replied 2 months ago.

Hello there --

I am sorry to hear about this. Can you tell me if you have felt as if you have been working in a hostile work environment due to your age since the day that you started?

Have they had any complaints with your work since you started or they simply just started moving you around?

Finally, does the culture of the company seem to slant towards a younger set and there are not very many people working there who are over 40 or 50 years old?