Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  20+ Years of Employment Law Experience
10285032

Are all military contracts on a compete basis and how can I

Customer Question

Are all military contracts on a compete basis and how can I get details on specific contracts in order to compete for it?
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 3 months ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
Are you talking about contracts with civilian companies?
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
the contract is currently held by a civilian defense contractor. I am an operator of the specific system I want to see the contract for. I have a lot of experience outside the military in this kind of technology and can replace it for a fraction of the cost.I'm trying to find a copy of this contract and seeing if there is a way I can compete for it.
Thank you for your reply.
You need to contact the contract officer for the military branch that you are seeking to deal with. All contracts have a "Request for Proposal" which are public information and are made available to all interested. The RFP, as it is called, is what sets forth the contract requirements and also sets forth the terms of the contract that you will be setting the bid on. Each military branch and many times each military base if it is a base specific contract has their own Contracting Officer and you need to deal with them to get the information.
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I worry about drawing unwanted attention contacting the contracting office. Is there a way I can gather the information without giving them my name? I feel like contracts should be in the public domain in some form.Also since I operate this system is there any potential conflict of interest in making a system to replace it? I'm simply an operator for the system and am not involved in the design in any manner.
Thank you for your reply.
No you will not give attention to yourself, you can call the contract officer at each installation and get the information from them as they each maintain their own website. There is no issue operating the system for you.