Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA, recognized by ABA for excellence.
4460311

Can I file suit on my ex-employer for retaliation if I had

Customer Question

Can I file suit on my ex-employer for retaliation if I had already filed a claim and my contract was breached by them retaliating against my husband who still work with them after our resolution?
JA: Because employment law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: Idaho
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: No
JA: Anything else you think the lawyer should know?
Customer: My husband has quit his job because of this retaliation and filed his own claim with the EEOC as of June 15, 2016
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Ely replied 3 months ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. Please note: This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms.

I am sorry to hear about this situation. Please clarify what happened, exactly - what is the history here? How did they retaliate against your husband? What kind of claim did you file (for what)?

This is not an answer, but an information request. I need this information to answer your question. Please reply, so I can answer your question. Thank you in advance.