Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law
Experience:  B.A.; M.B.A.; J.D.
16551887

I am a retired Major Us Army (veteran); A Tenured Professor;

Customer Question

I am a retired Major Us Army (veteran); A Tenured Professor; I have Cancer been in treatment for the past 7-8 months post surgery; I work while on chemotherapy; teacher in nursing school; school is going down hill and CCNE credentialing as well as board of nursing looking at lICENSURE FAILURES; DEAN STEPPED DOWN NOW hired corporate dean to fix the program; now she said i don't have enough credits to teach nurses...only have 9 credits,, now being told i need 12 credits to stay here. This Dean had no plan to see what I could do before CCNE enters the nursing school. I have made arrangements to an online Nurse Practitioner Program on line and if they accept my proposal i can get these said credits.....dean is trying to get rid of me. The faculty have treated me terrible, shunned me for the past 4 or so months, so I think this new find about credits helps the case.
I want to get CCNE and BOARD OF NURSING to waiver my 9 credits until I take up to 6 credits for fall 2016 without throwing me out. Is this a good idea. The credentialing has to accept....maybe give me free time, still on payroll, get the credits first `11 weeks of fall 2016 so I dont loose my job. Does this sound unreasonable.I cannot believe having cancer can make faculty so unnerved. They do not have to take care of me or help me. I dont ask for anything and I dont leave my work for them to do. The university put me on FMLA so I can dealwith bad side efects of chemotherapy.Do I really need to loose my job?
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 10 months ago.

Hello: This is Attorney Phillips. Welcome to JustAnswer!I am so sorry to read about your difficulties. I am preparing my response to your post, and I will post my response very shortly.

Thank you for your patience.

Your questions:

I want to get CCNE and BOARD OF NURSING to waiver my 9 credits until I take up to 6 credits for fall 2016 without throwing me out. Is this a good idea.

Response 1: Yes, it is a good idea. Since you are already there, you should be given an opportunity to meet the new requirements.

The credentialing has to accept....maybe give me free time, still on payroll, get the credits first `11 weeks of fall 2016 so I dont loose my job. Does this sound unreasonable.

Response 2: No, it does not.

I cannot believe having cancer can make faculty so unnerved. They do not have to take care of me or help me. I dont ask for anything and I dont leave my work for them to do. The university put me on FMLA so I can dealwith bad side efects of chemotherapy.

Response 3: Unfortunately, some people just do not care. I am sorry that you have to go through all that.

Do I really need to loose my job?

Response 4: No, you do not if your employer is serious about providing reasonable accommodation to you. I am hopeful that you would prevail in the end.

Best wishes,

If you do not have any follow-up question(s), kindly give a positive rating to my response so that I can receive credit for responding to your post. There is no additional cost to you for doing this.

Thank you for your cooperation.