Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA, recognized by ABA for excellence.

I work for Goodwill Industries and am told we get our raises

Customer Question

I work for Goodwill Industries and am told we get our raises ONLY thru the Labor Board. I work at Randolph AFB as a Clerk III contractor and our management get raises every year and the last raise we ever had was in 2008 and Obama taxed us in 2008 and we ended up with less money than before the raise, we do NOT even get cost of living raises, this is not fair at all.
Category: Employment Law
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Added:: our management is also contract and Goodwill gives them raises they had one about 5 months ago it was 23 cents but they get raises, management said if the Labor Board changes our title (Clerk III) that is the only way we will see a raise???? it has been 8 years and nothing. My paycheck has actually gone down in the last 8 years, from approx. $998.00 to as of now $911.00
Expert:  P. Simmons replied 2 months ago.

Hello! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney with more than 18 years of experience. I am here to assist you with your questions. Please understand that if I ask you for additional information, you are NOT charged again and our communications are NOT timed. So please see this as a relaxed conversation between friends. I am here to help

Also, if you would like to chat on the phone, let me know and I can make that happen.

I am sorry for this dilemma. But not sure I understand your specific question. Do you have a question regarding this?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I can not explain any different Work for Goodwill Industries, work as a contractor at Randolph AFB has not had a raise for 8 years? in a nut shell Told The Labor board is the only one's that can give us a raise (8 years without a raise)
Expert:  P. Simmons replied 2 months ago. your question are they required to give a raise?