Marsha411JD, Lawyer
Experience:  Licensed Attorney with 29 yrs. exp in Employment Law
19127644

If one, who is applying for a position with the FBI, has a

Customer Question

If one, who is applying for a position with the FBI, has a first cousin who was convicted of a felony, will this prevent person from applying and potentially being accepted as a employee of the FBI? Thank you.
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Marsha411JD replied 3 months ago.

Thank you for the information and your question. Having a cousin who has a felony conviction is not automatically disqualifying for service in the FBI. The FBI will evaluate all of the background information related to the applicant and, as long as there is no implication that the applicant was involved in any way with the crime of their cousin, there should not be any issue at all.

Please let me know if you need any clarification. If none is needed, then if you could take a moment to leave a positive rating in the ratings box above, I will receive credit for assisting you today. Thank you

Hello again,

I wanted to touch base with you and make sure that you did not have any follow up questions for me from the answer I provided to you on the 5th. For some reason, the Experts are not always getting replies or ratings (at the top of the question/answer page you are viewing or in the pop up box for this question), which is how we get credit(paid by the Site) for our work, that the customer thinks have gone through. In your case I received neither.

Please keep in mind that I cannot control the law or your circumstances, and am ethically bound to provide you with accurate information based on the facts you give me even if the news is not good. If you are having technical difficulties with reading, replying or rating,please let me know so that I can inform the Site administrator.Please note that Site use works best while using a computer and using either Google Chrome or Firefox.

In any event, it was a pleasure assisting you and I would be glad to attempt to assist you further on this issue, or a new legal issue,if needed. You can bookmark my page at: http://www.justanswer.com/law/expert-marsha411jd/

Thank you.