Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA, recognized by ABA for excellence.
4460311

MetLife ask me to write am appeal letter and I do not know

Customer Question

MetLife ask me to write am appeal letter and I do not know how to do write one. I've been told that it's just a waste of time, because since the insurance
JA: Because laws vary from state to state, could you tell me what state is this in?
Customer: company denied my short term disability they had to give me a chance to send them and other documents from my doctors that's why they told me that I can appeal, but that they are still going to still deny my claim for short term disability.
JA: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: I live in California
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: No
JA: Anything else you think the lawyer should know?
Customer: No, I have no money to pay for a lawyer, I only work hours a week.
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 4 months ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
Do you have a doctor's report documenting your medically disabling condition?
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I have all my medical records records with me.
What was the reason for their denial?
Also, please understand that legally we cannot write the letter for you, we can only offer suggestions to you as to how you should write the letter and what you need to focus on. If you are expecting more than that from us, please understand state law forbids us from writing the letter and you would need to go to a local attorney if that is what you wanted.