Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Years of experience in running a medium sized law firm.
7286322

How do I respond to a written warning when I disagree that

Customer Question

How do I respond to a written warning when I disagree that the action does not merit a written warning ?
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Ely replied 6 months ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. Please note: This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms.

I am sorry to hear about this situation. Please tell me:

1) What is the warning about, and

2) Why do you disagree with it?

I can then provide a sample.

This is not an answer, but an information request. I need this information to answer your question. Please reply, so I can answer your question. Thank you in advance.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Im a psychologist who works with contracted MD's. Usually we are allowed to sign basic documents when the MD is NOT present (forms etc, not medical). I did so and this MD got mad, I apologized and was counseled on this matter weeks ago. I apologized up the ass. Last week my supervision informed me that he had to give my a written warning. Usually when professionals have an issue they talk. This MD thinks he's God so he's going to teach me. Help
Expert:  Ely replied 6 months ago.

Thank you. First of all, understand that an employer (or the supervisor) has the right to write anyone up even if they are wrong. The only times that they cannot do so is if they are doing so because of:

-PUBLIC POLICY (discrimination based on race, religion, creed, etc; or, a retaliatory termination due to a claim made by an employee); or
-CONTRACT POLICY (if one has a contract that disallows such an action)
-COVENANT OF GOOD FAITH (firing an employee to avoid paying a benefit, for example)

Anyhow, if the administrative rules allow for a rebuttal, the following is a good example of such:

To Whom It May Concern:

This letter is in regards ***** ***** the written warning I received on (date) for (matter). I am writing this letter for the record to state that I feel that the warning was in error. The reason why it was in error is the following:

(Brief explanation)

As such, I wish that any party making any decision made off said warning also takes into consideration this letter and the facts herein. Thank you in advance for your time and attention.

Sincerely,

Signature

Name

CC: Personal Records

I hope this helps and clarifies. Please use the SEND or REPLY button to keep chatting, or please RATE when finished. You may always ask follow ups at no charge after rating. Kindly rate my answer as one of TOP THREE FACES/STARS and then SUBMIT, as this is how experts get credit for our time. Rating my answer the bottom two faces/stars (or failing to submit the rating) does not give me credit and reflects poorly on me, even if my answer is correct. I work very hard to formulate an informative and honest answer for you; please reciprocate my good faith with a positive rating.

Expert:  Ely replied 6 months ago.
Hello again. This is a courtesy check in to see if you needed anything else in regards ***** ***** question because you never responded or replied positively. I am simply touching base. Let me know. Thanks!