Maverick, Lawyer
Experience:  20 years professional experience

Although associates cannot be required to work more than six

Customer Question

although associates cannot be required to work more than six consecutive days, a seventh consecutive day of work may be permitted in certain circumstances, but only to associates that have expressed an interest or volunteered to do so.
This is Walmart policy, I was just scheduled 7 days straight, 2 different work weeks. I called in on the 7th day because I was exhausted. Can I get in trouble for not going on the 7th day? Mississippi
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Maverick replied 2 months ago.

If this is Walmart's stated written policy then it has to be applied equally to all and serves as a form of contract between you and Walmart. So, if you are terminated because you do not go in the 7th day, then you may have a wrongful termination claim against Walmart.