Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA, recognized by ABA for excellence.
4460311

I am being harnessed by my colleague. I complained it to my

Customer Question

I am being harnessed by my colleague. I complained it to my supervisor but there was no action taken and the person who harnessed me was made my reporting lead. He used to send me personal message which I was not comfortable with. I went into stress and i was detected with hyperthyroidism and currently I am under medication. Please advice what legal actions can be taken in this situation.
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Infolawyer replied 4 months ago.

Hello

I am sorry this happened. I assume you mean harassed and you have options here!

You can pursue a complaint against the colleague and the company - demanding the colleague be terminated, reprimanded, or at least transferred away from you, given the hostile environment.

You may seek accomodation and damages from company for not taking appropriate action to protect you and subjecting you to injury

Practically, before considering a lawsuit, often having a lawyer reach out to management helps bring about a much faster resolution - saving you time and money