Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA, recognized by ABA for excellence.

I was transferred from California to North Carolina to help

Customer Question

I was transferred from California to North Carolina to help start a Christian College. I arrived in north Carolina January 9th.My employer is/was Calvary Chapel Costa Mesa, Santa Ana ,California. I agreed to a reduction in salary but after being here about a month I received a letter informing me employment status had been changed from full-time to part time and informed full time employee benefits, health,dental,life,accident,vacation ect. would end on March 1st 2016. I was also given information on my Cobra options.
I just received a letter August 2nd 2016 from HR informing me that as per a previous arrangement my employment with Calvary Chapel Costa Mesa would end effective August 2nd 2016.
I need to speak with some one as after just marking my 19th year of employment at a minimum something seems amiss.
In preparing to relocate I was able to purchase a small home based on my employment and transfer verification. I just turned 66 and have no family here in North Carolina. i am stuck with a 7 month new 30 year mortgage and am thinking something is wrong with this picture.
Need some advice.
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 2 months ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
When you moved were you given a contract for employment for a specific term or were you an at will employee?