Maverick, Lawyer
Experience:  20 years professional experience

I,m being audited by L&I .They want to interview me over the

Customer Question

I,m being audited by L&I .They want to interview me over the phone and I wonder if I should consult a lawyer first?
JA: Because laws vary from state to state, could you tell me what state is this in?
Customer: PA
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: No
JA: Anything else you think the lawyer should know?
Customer: I,m in const. and they are asking about subs that i have ins. certs for but have not contracts with them for every individual job
JA: Because employment law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: PA
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Maverick replied 2 months ago.

Pennsylvania Workers' Compensation Act Section 302 (a) & (b) provides that a contractor is responsible for the payment of compensation benefits to employees of uninsured subcontractors. Further, contractors shall not subcontract all or any part of contract unless the subcontractors used have presented proof of insurance. Consequently, all contractors should keep workers' compensation certificates of insurance on file to prove coverage for the jobs that were worked on by subs. If you feel that you are not in compliance with this law, then I would suggest that you speak with a worker's compensation lawyer ASAP. This link may help you find such a lawyer.