Allen M., Esq.
Allen M., Esq., Employment Lawyer
Experience:  Employment/Labor Law Litigation

Question is wrongfull termination only with employment?

Customer Question

Hello, good day question is wrongfull termination only with employment?
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Allen M., Esq. replied 2 months ago.

Thank you for trusting your question to JA today. I am a licensed attorney with over a decade of law practice and over 20 years of experience in the legal field. I’m happy to be of assistance.

Yes, wrongful termination refers only to employment and termination from that employment.

Your issue would be one of personal injury and contract law. You'd have breach of contract for deprivation of the rights and personal injury for the negligence in the paperwork. You'd also potentially have an emotional distress claim.

You need to address this with a local personal injury attorney that also has contracts experience. To find one, contact your state's bar association and ask for an attorney referral, or use or

If you have any further questions, please let me know. I invite follow up questions, so use REPLY for those. If you have no further questions then good luck going forward and please do not forget to rate my service with a top-three rating so that I receive credit for working with you today. Please rate me based on my service and not on your satisfaction with the law, which I am not in control of and I am just reporting to you. Also, feel free to request me in the future, if you have questions concerning a different matter.

Hello, I wanted to check in and make sure that there was not any additional information that you required after the response I previously provided to you. If you need further assistance, please use REPLY and ask me for any additional information you may need. If not, take care and have a great day.