Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA, recognized by ABA for excellence.

I am a salesman for a major window manufacturer. Recently

Customer Question

I am a salesman for a major window manufacturer. Recently during a sales meeting I made a joke and my manager punched me in my back and told me to "shut the f*** up" jabbing me a second time with the same sentiment. I contacted HR and they did a "investigation. I had witnesses who saw and testified to such and nothing came of it. I come in to talk with said manager to "wipe the slate" and was put on a performance improvement program and never settled the incident I filed with HR. Since that time my opportunities have got fewer and fewer and the Quality of the lead less and less. I was told today that my termination is likely and could come as early as next week. I feel I am being retaliated against and need some guidance. Thank you so much
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  LawTalk replied 2 months ago.

Good afternoon Jason,

I'm Doug, and I'm very sorry to hear of your situation. My goal is to provide you with excellent service today.

This seems like a very crucial matter for you, and your questions and issues suggest that an in-depth conversation might best suit your needs. If you are interested, for a very nominal charge I can offer you a personal phone conference as opposed to continuing in this question and answer thread which is searchable and viewable by the public.

Let me know if you don't want a call and I will be happy continue here with an answer for you.

Either way, whether I call you or not, in order to give you a clear and concise answer, I will need some additional information about the circumstances, please.

1. Do you believe you are being discriminated against based on your race, color, gender, ethnic or national origin, age, religion or disability?

2. What did you expect HR to do? Did they do anything that you are aware of?

3. Was the joke off color and in any way discriminatory?

Thanks in advance,

Expert:  LawTalk replied 2 months ago.

I won't be able to assist you if you are not able to provide the minimal information I sought clarification on. Please get back to me with this information at your earliest convenience.