Patrick, Esq.
Patrick, Esq., Lawyer
Experience:  Significant experience in all areas of employment law.

I've been a RN for over 20 yrs, I'm now required to summit

Customer Question

I've been a RN for over 20 yrs, I'm now required to summit fingerprints for my license (California), my job dose not require fingerprints and its not a state or government job, why dose the board of nursing need something as personnel as my fingerprint?
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Patrick, Esq. replied 2 months ago.

Hello and thank you for entrusting me to assist you. My name is ***** ***** I will do everything I can to answer your question.

Using fingerprints is the easiest way to check for criminal records, which is why fingerprints are sometimes required in background checks. Unfortunately, there is nothing unlawful about requiring a fingerprint. I can certainly understand your hesitation, but there isn't really a way around it.

I hope that you find this information helpful. Please do not hesitate to let me know if you have any questions or concerns regarding the above and I will be more than happy to assist you further.