Asad Rahman
Asad Rahman, Lawyer
Experience:  Practicing Attorney with 10 years experience
91018665

Today i did a color service on a lady at the end she couldnt

Customer Question

today i did a color service on a lady at the end she couldnt afford the service total it was a 75$ service and she paid 35$. I make 45% commision and my boss said she wont pay me any commision because the client couldnt pay and she would loose money. Is this legal? Im in the state of colorado. Also my commision only added up to 401$ for two weeks at 48 hr weeks. Is this illegal. She also charges product fees and for redos? I feel like shes doing alot of illegal things
JA: Because employment law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: Colorado
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: No because im mot sure if its illegal or not
JA: Anything else you think the lawyer should know?
Customer: Not that i can think of
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Asad Rahman replied 9 months ago.

It is hard to know for sure if your employer's accounting is illegal however it does seem suspicious. You can follow complaint with the Colorado Department of Labor and they can submit a request for accounting so he can justify what he's been paying. Here is a link. https://www.colorado.gov/pacific/cdle/complaint-forms