Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  20+ Years of Employment Law Experience

I'm filling out the EEOC complaint form for disability

Customer Question

I'm filling out the EEOC complaint form for disability discrimination. I was hoping someone could help walk me through some of the questions on the paperwork. I have a ton of documents and I'm struggling to figure out where to start, what to include on the page, and what to attach on the extra page.
This is an example of one of the questions, I am struggling with. I have such a large list of incidents, I'm unaware as to which 2 are the most important, and how to format the others on a seperate page.
"5. What happened to you that you believe was discriminatory? Include the date(s) of harm, the action(s), and the name(s) and
title(s) of the person(s) who you believe discriminated against you. Please attach additional pages if needed."
Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks.
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 2 months ago.
Thank you for your question. i look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
A chronological list of your actions against you would be the best way to do this. You start at the beginning of the problems and you need to explain how it is related directly to your disability. List them one at a time, try not to mix them up together.
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Thank you!
One other thing has me a little confused. Should I include evidence that took place more than 180 days ago? On the EEOC website it says you should if it is important to the case, but when you go to fill out paper work it says you are ineligible if events took place more than 180 days ago.This is important in my situation, because the harassment started last year, and only escalated recently.
Thank you for your reply.
If there was ongoing harassment, the statute of limitations is 300 days. So, yes, include everything and explain how this was a case of ongoing harassment and if that is the case you can go back 300 days.