Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA, recognized by ABA for excellence.
4460311

I'm a construction worker I got randomly drug tested at a

Customer Question

Hi my name is Shareef I'm a construction worker I got randomly drug tested at a job site. Test results stated that I was positive for marijuana. I'm afraid that I'll lose my job I want to know if I could retake the test or what I could do in this sort of situation
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  LegalKnowledge replied 4 months ago.

Good afternoon. Does your employer allow you to fight this and get a hearing on it? Have you asked for a retest and alleged it could be a false positive? Just trying to get an idea of their response

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
My company is trying to help me my boss says I'm a good worker he told me to go to the doctor and see if I could get a doctor to say that I take medication. I didn't do this because I feel that there's no point being there medical marijuana isn't legal in the state of New York City.
The job site where I took the random drug test is currently reviewing the situation, the drug testing company is called on-site Innovations. I'm just curious if I could retake the test because it's been over a month since I smoked marijuana. I don't want to go to the extreme and take it to court. What do you suggest I do. I need this job and I'm worried that this will be on record for me too get any other job my mom is sick with cancer and my sister has a brain aneurysm and I'm just overwhelmed with this stress

It says there was a payment failure with the call request. If you want to speak with someone, you can simply call customer service to correct this