Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA, recognized by ABA for excellence.

I quit my job because my employer demand me to do a job what

Customer Question

I quit my job because my employer demand me to do a job what I think is illegal. As an IT at alvarado hospital, they want me to full a data records, personal records of all the employees at the hospital including their pay, adresses,personal private records. On which i9s not on my job description of doing. I asked the payrol department and personal department that it's their jobs to do not mine because I thought that I will be violating a privacy act. But the departments that I ask washes their hands off of it. That they are unaware to the jobs I was told by my manager to do. During this time I found out that the hospital is under auditing by the Federal gov't. For what reason I don't know. The management pressured me to do it but I refused. Over the overloading work and extended time of work i'm doing even at home it affected me and my family so Idecided to quit. I am now fighting my rights for unemployment benefits but the EDD keeps denying my benefits for their reason that I quit my jobs for no valid reason. My recent appeal from EDD has been denied again. I kept looking for jobs but seems I can't find it. I got a wife and a family to support and now depleted financially. I don't know what to do anymore. please help.
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Dwayne B. replied 2 months ago.

Hello and thank you for contacting us. This is Dwayne B. and I’m an expert here and looking forward to assisting you today. If at any point any of my answers aren’t clear please don’t hesitate to ask for clarification. Also, I can only answer the questions you specifically ask and based on the facts that you give so please be sure that you ask the questions you want to ask and provide all necessary facts. Please note: This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms.

Is there a specific question with which I could assist?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Based on the situation I disclosed, How can I get my unemployment benefits legally?
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
i need an answer.

What did the unemployment officer state when you told them you were fired for refusing to perform an illegal act?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
nothing. he just recorded what I said and sent me a denial letter.
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
what will I do now?
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
please answer me.

I'm going to have to opt out of this one. No need to reply, another expert should pick up shortly.

Expert:  Infolawyer replied 2 months ago.

different expert here. May I take over?