Attorney2020
Attorney2020, Lawyer
Experience:  I have significant experience in employment law.
63724254

I was demoted for a 3rd disciplinary with 3 day suspension.

Customer Question

I was demoted for a 3rd disciplinary with 3 day suspension. I handle all employee appointments and ER visits. This has made it impossible to get all my work in the office done. I stated it was unfair considering no other supervisor has had this consequences before. HR came in and said I could not be demoted and I should have never be told I was demoted. I said I don't want to accept the job back because they are asking to much. I was involved in a car accident while working. They didn't pay me all the hours I worked last week. He gave me a last writing warning and a work duty agreement. I said I don't want the job back but he told me I had to sign the agreement. I did not feel like I had a choice and I no longer trust the company. I have worked for them for 1 year and 9 months. What can I do
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Attorney2020 replied 4 months ago.

Were you treated differently after you were involved in the car accident?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
No. They started treating me different after I took vacation time. I have never received a write up. Always make sure I completely all my work but the last couple weeks it got to the point where I was never at the office but with a EE at a appointment or the ER. No one takes over my Durga while I am gone. I have a assistant and another co worker who takes over for me when I am away but I still got in trouble while they were told next time get it done. While I was on 3 day suspension and "demoted" no one got stuff turned in and no one has said anything about it. I am being treated differently
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
After the accident tho they didn't pay me what they owe me. It took hours for them to even listen to me. They refused to believe they missed paid me but other team members agreed with me and stated there is proof I was at work longer then what they paid me

You have a wage claim. You are entitled to wages for your hours worked. The company's refusal to pay you for hours worked is inexcusable entitling you to a wage claim.

I hope that helped. Please ask any follow-up questions. Please rate my answer so that I may be credited for my time. I thank you in advance for your cooperation.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
What can I do about them demoting me changing their mind because as hr stated they can not demote me. I no longer trust them and do not want to continue to work with them cause they have made many mistakes and keep taking them back.

Well if you no longer want to work with the company, there is nothing you can really do other than demand your original job back

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
they can demote me then admit to wrongfully demoting me? I said I didn't want the job but they didn't give me a say so. This is the second time they have illegally tried to demote me and after I stated that both times they apologize and everyone acts like nothing happen. The first time was because my boss was discriminating me because of my gender. I had proof, still do so they changed their mind about demoting me.