TJ, Esq.
TJ, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  JD, MBA
9373668

I signed a contract with the parent company of my local

Customer Question

I signed a contract with the parent company of my local company in 2014 for benefits related to the selling of the company in the future. If my position has changed and I am now working as an employee with the parent company, is my currently executed contract null and void without both parties signing an addendum?
Category: Employment Law
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  TJ, Esq. replied 4 months ago.

Hello and thank you for the opportunity to assist you. My name is ***** ***** I will do my very best to answer your legal questions.

Without a full review of the contract, it's impossible to say for sure. But in general, the sale of a company or the change of a position would not impact the enforceability of a contract. Both parties would still need to honor the contract.

Does that answer your question? Please let me know if you need clarification, as I am happy to continue helping you until you are satisfied.

Expert:  TJ, Esq. replied 4 months ago.

Hello again. I didn't hear back from you, so I'm just checking in to make sure that you don't need more help on this issue. If not, then please remember to provide a positive rating via the stars (and note that your positive rating is the only way that I'll get credit for helping you, so I greatly appreciate it). Thank you!