Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  20+ Years of Employment Law Experience
10285032

I filed a EEO case which went to EEOC and OFO. I was unable

Customer Question

I filed a EEO case which went to EEOC and OFO. I was unable to go to FEderal District Court since my lawyer quit and I did not have the money to proceed. It has been two years since having the negative resuts with EEOC and OFO. Can I file a employment law suit in Civil Court.
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 11 months ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
Did the EEOC ever issue a right to sue letter yet?
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
No. The OFffice of Federal Operations did. I think it is an arm of the EEOC.
Thank you for your reply.
I am afraid that if you did not file within 90 days of receiving the right to sue letter, legally any suit would be forever barred. So if your attorney never filed your suit on your behalf and it has been 2 years from issuance of the right to sue letter, you can no longer file suit. The law is very concrete and if you miss that 90 day from the right to sue letter deadline, you can no longer file suit against the employer on your claims, even if you did not proceed because your lawyer quit or you did not have the money at the time to proceed.