Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA, recognized by ABA for excellence.

Am being forced into a meeting for unlawful termination at

Customer Question

Am being forced into a meeting for unlawful termination at 8am tomorrow morning. I have all necessary docs to support my innocence, however, due to emergency hospitalization this week, I have been given no time to prepare or retain counsel to postpone this meeting until next week. Can you assist by penning an email or letter requesting a delay?
Thank you, *****
Category: Employment Law
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  TJ, Esq. replied 3 months ago.

Hello and thank you for the opportunity to assist you. My name is ***** ***** I'll be glad to help if I can. However, I am unclear about facts. Can you provide a little background information? Thank you.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I have been employed by a home health care agency for slightly less than 2 yrs, first a a private pay caregiver, and then promoted to a position called a Lead, which is simply a position hat might be considered to be a lower level mgmt position. My performance has been considered outstanding and excellent by all clients and students I have given the responsibilitiy to train as new employees. All written perfrmance evaluations have been excellent and mgmt has verbally acknowledged all feedback from clients has been extremely positive as well.When originally interview and hired byHR (Helen) I was very clear hat I was leaving my previous employe because I was being asked to sign documents the would have been illegal and fraudulent. I refused and subsequentally uit. During my interview, I explained this scenario when asked why I would leave a job that paid appr 30-35% more with appr. 75% less responsibilities, thus my answer above. I explained that my reputation, along wit my integrity were being compromise and I would not work for ANY employer who asked the same. This and my insistence on working only for an agency who placed their image andthe spport of their employees and clients first and foremost ALWAYS! Thus I was hired when ssured that I would never be placed in a situation that would require me to apologize for my company's failures.Over thecourse of the year, since Nov 1st to be specific, new mgmt wasput in place, and I ended up having to report to 4-5 different supervisors, each placing demands on my time, energy and physical abilities. Often time with less than 10 minutes to rearrange my confirmed client appts with less than 10 minutes, which I never hesitated to because I place high value on my repuation as a "team player". This has ultimately lead to an emergency hospitalization this week when my doctor believed me to be showing signs of dehydraton, exhaustion, and stroke while being transported by ambulance. That was on Tuesday of this week.Just prior to this event, I had penned an email to members of senior mgmt ( etremely diplomatic and respectful!) stating that I was once again being put in awkward situations with both clients and students and being forced to apologize for the mgmts failure to communicate properly between themselves and with me. It was strongly worded and ende with my statementthat the appearance of this agency was becoming one of unprofessional but that I, during these critical client home visitswas helpful n keeping their faith with our agency alive. This was passed along to the mgmt in my email., which angered him tremendously, stating that "I was calling him a failure s a mgr" which I reiterated I ws not. My only purpose was to give mgrs some insight into ho they were being viewed and perceived in the community, which I believe to be valuable not only forthe company, but for myslf as well. In addition to that email, I knew hat I was breaking down physically and advised all mgmt in a separate email that I was taking a week off after completing all current assingments that I had already committed to and to which I fulfilled, as well as a promise to wrap up any reaining unfinished business by the middle of next week. They stated tat hey were truly appreciative and I thought all was well.All timesheets are required to be submitted by 12 noon on Sat via fax or email, and to which I always make a copy for myself. Despite objections by mgmt, I have remained adament and insistent that I would not discontinue this practice because it was being done to protect yself and the agency should any questions arise during an audit or should any client or family dispute my hours. This was common knowledge from day one of my employment and was known by all.While working with my only client that I care far, a couple aged 96 (wife) and 103(husband), I have developed an extremely loving and trusting work relationship as well as a personal one. This became more apparent when Ms. Peggy (96) informed me that she becomes extremely depressed when isolated and looks fwd to my weekly visits as their caregiver. This relationship evolved into a friendship on a more personal level with John's approval that I sit down and have lunch with Peggy each week. Our girlfriend times were wonderful with both families stating that I was doing an excellent job of aring for their elderly parents. Unfortunately, Peggy and her imm family made meaware of Peggy's unhappiness in the marriage and herfear of John when he became angry, which she stated ws a daily occurrence. I have alays reminded her i simply was John's acting out borne of frustration with sme dementia and lack of independence that comes with normal aging. Her son, Jack, visited my home, unannounced one evening, and chose to elaborate in far greater detail than I was comforable, as an agent of Accentcare, and I made him aware of such, simply listened and escorted hm out without being rude or discourteous.Last week I approached HR (Helen),On Wed
Expert:  TJ, Esq. replied 3 months ago.

Hi again.

I'm really sorry, but I don't think that I'll be able to provide you with a useful answer. However, I will open your question for other attorneys to review. Thank you for using our service.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Unfortunately your response is not at all useful nor does it assist me in simply requesting a postponement of this critical meeting. Do NOT charge y card for a satisfactory answer, as I am now forced to try o retain counsel at this late hour for this simple request of aletter asking to postpone this meeting until a local attorney can be retained.Thank you.Alma Bergen