Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA, recognized by ABA for excellence.

I need help drafting an appeal letter for unemployment in

Customer Question

I need help drafting an appeal letter for unemployment in Maryland. I was unable to attend the hearing due to illness. Please help.
Thank you
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 2 months ago.

Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.

When a person filing an appeal misses a hearing, regardless of the reason, the attorneys you spoke to are correct, it is rare that a new hearing is granted.

However, we cannot draft the letter for you, you would have to draft it yourself because state law forbids us from doing it for you.

Do you have proof of the illness that prevented you from attending? Is your doctor willing to submit a notarized affidavit attesting that you were medically unable to attend?