Maverick
Maverick, Lawyer
Experience:  20 years professional experience
16823287

I have been trying to find a lawyer here in Tallahassee to

Customer Question

I have been trying to find a lawyer here in Tallahassee to take my case no one is interested. Can I file on behalf of the credit union myself. I have all the documents from our previous lawyer?
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Maverick replied 4 months ago.

Can you please tell me more about what you mean by "on behalf of the credit union"? What is the case about?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
We fired an employee in August 2014. We hired an attorney who was suppose to get rid of this employee. we went to court twice in 2015 and the case was dismissed. Now the employee's brother who is acting as his attorney has filed for a court hearing again. I cannot get an attorney to call me back but I need to file something or risk showing up in court without an attorney.
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Expert:  Maverick replied 4 months ago.

A credit union type of corporate entity must be represented in court by an attorney. As an officer in the credit union you may be able to file something temporarily if there is no pending deadline to be missed; but ultimately the court will require the credit union to find a lawyer. Here is a link that may help you find a lawyer.

Note: Most follow-up questions are answered with in the hour; however, if I am not signed on, please allow up to 24 hours. If we are done, please assign a feedback rating so Just Answer will compensate me. Thank you.