attyadvisor
attyadvisor, Attorney
Experience:  29 years in Employment Law
68197583

I worked at sprouts in prescott valley, az and this past

Customer Question

i worked at sprouts in prescott valley, az and this past december i was fired for suposidly not giving enouph customer service. a couple of weeks later the manager that fired me can to my house with someone dressed as a police officer and said i better get out of town, i got scared and i moved out of town and put my house up for sale. i was noticeing that on facebood that a union might be helping sprouts employes out because of bad managment and i told them about my situation and i was adiced bye the union guy to try to get legal help and it may not be to late. i am not sure what to do
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  attyadvisor replied 9 months ago.

Welcome to JA and thank you for your question. I am an Arizona licensed Attorney and it will be my pleasure to assist you.

. a couple of weeks later the manager that fired me can to my house with someone dressed as a police officer and said i better get out of town, i got scared and i moved out of town and put my house up for sale. i was noticeing that on facebood that a union might be helping sprouts employes out because of bad managment and i told them about my situation and i was adiced bye the union guy to try to get legal help and it may not be to late. i am not sure what to do

First and foremost it is illegal to intimidate a former employee or have someone impersonate a law enforcement official.

This is terrible management. You have rights and you need to exercise them. It is not too late to file criminal charges and since this occurred last December you have civil rights as well.

Did you ever contact the police to see if this person was an officer? I have never heard of a police officer telling someone they need to "get out of town" ever.

The first step is to file a law enforcement complaint. I was seriously consider filing criminal charges against the manager.

You also have civil damages that could result in a money judgment in your favor.

You want to speak to an attorney. Since this was in Prescott I am going to provide you with a link for Attorneys that provide FREE consultations in the area. Please give me a moment.

This a link for employment attorneys in the area that provide free consultations http://lawyers.findlaw.com/lawyer/firm/employment-law-employee/prescott/arizona

This is a link for civil rights attorneys in the area that provide free consultations http://lawyers.findlaw.com/lawyer/firm/civil-rights/prescott/iowa

"13-1202. Threatening or intimidating; classification

A. A person commits threatening or intimidating if the person threatens or intimidates by word or conduct:

1. To cause physical injury to another person or serious damage to the property of another; or

2. To cause, or in reckless disregard to causing, serious public inconvenience including, but not limited to, evacuation of a building, place of assembly or transportation facility; or

3. To cause physical injury to another person or damage to the property of another in order to promote, further or assist in the interests of or to cause, induce or solicit another person to participate in a criminal street gang, a criminal syndicate or a racketeering enterprise.

B. Threatening or intimidating pursuant to subsection A, paragraph 1 or 2 is a class 1 misdemeanor, except that it is a class 6 felony if:

1. The offense is committed in retaliation for a victim's either reporting criminal activity or being involved in an organization, other than a law enforcement agency, that is established for the purpose of reporting or preventing criminal activity.

2. The person is a criminal street gang member.

C. Threatening or intimidating pursuant to subsection A, paragraph 3 is a class 3 felony."

http://www.azleg.state.az.us/ars/13/01202.htm

"13-2411. Impersonating a peace officer; classification; definition

A. A person commits impersonating a peace officer if the person, without lawful authority, pretends to be a peace officer and engages in any conduct with the intent to induce another to submit to the person's pretended authority or to rely on the person's pretended acts."

http://www.azleg.state.az.us/ars/13/02411.htm

Have you filed a complaint with the corporate HQ of Sprouts?

Please do not hesitate to ask me ask me any additional questions that you may have with regard to this matter. It would be my pleasure to continue to assist you. If you would be kind enough to rate my service so I may receive credit for my work I would appreciate it.