Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Years of experience in running a medium sized law firm.

Harrasment, CT, no, A co-worker kissed my neck and touched

Customer Question

JA: Hi. What is your issue regarding?
Customer: Sexual Harrasment
JA: Because laws vary from state to state, could you tell me what state is this in?
Customer: CT
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: no
JA: Anything else you think the lawyer should know?
Customer: A co-worker kissed my neck and touched my butt. Don't know if I should call the cops.
JA: Since laws vary from place to place, what state is this in? And when did this happen?
Customer: CT / yesterday
Category: Employment Law
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
My co-worker kissed my neck and touched my butt. Is this criminal? Should I call the cops? Do I need a lawyer?
Expert:  Ely replied 3 months ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. Please note: This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms.

I am sorry to hear about this situation. The first thing that someone in your situation wants to do is to contact your company's HR and tell them about what happened. If there is established policies and procedures for sexual harassment complaints, the company will follow them which can mean the person being demoted, fired, suspended, etc.

You can call the police if you want to, and this would then become a criminal matter, as well. This is an assault, and the police may open up a case against the person along with the company pursuing its own investigation into the matter.

Note that it is illegal for an employer retaliate against an employee (i.e. you) if you complaint about something that you reasonable deemed to be sexual harassment.

I hope this helps and clarifies. Please use the SEND or REPLY button to keep chatting, or please RATE when finished. You may always ask follow ups at no charge after rating. Kindly rate my answer as one of TOP THREE FACES/STARS and then SUBMIT, as this is how experts get credit for our time. Rating my answer the bottom two faces/stars (or failing to submit the rating) does not give me credit and reflects poorly on me, even if my answer is correct. I work very hard to formulate an informative and honest answer for you; please reciprocate my good faith with a positive rating.

Expert:  Ely replied 3 months ago.
Hello again. This is a courtesy check in to see if you needed anything else in regards ***** ***** question because you never responded or replied positively. I am simply touching base. Let me know. Thanks!