Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law
Experience:  B.A.; M.B.A.; J.D.

I have worked law enforcement agency 30 years. It seems like

Customer Question

I have worked for a law enforcement agency for almost 30 years. It seems like within the past 6 months nothing that I do is right. I have one lieutenant in particular, from a different division, that complains to my direct supervisor almost on a daily basis about things that have allegedly not done right. Everything that I have done has fallen within the procedural policy guide lines so there are no violations of policy. I feel that this particular person has it in for me. I am starting to have health issues that I have never had before ie high blood pressure. DO I have grounds for a law suit or what would I need to file
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 3 months ago.

If you have a Union, then you need to contact your Union Representative to file for grievance for you. If you do not have a Union, then you need to escalate the matter to the highest person in your organization. If the issue remains unresolved, then you may consider retaining an Attorney who handles employment issues to assist you in filing lawsuit for Intentional Infliction of Emotional Distress. However, in order to prevail on a claim of Intentional Infliction of Emotional Distress, you need to show that (1) the Lieutenant acted intentionally or recklessly; (2) that his actions were extreme and outrageous;(3) that his actions were the cause (4) of your severe emotional distress, which would be evidenced by you going to doctors for medical treatment or seeking therapy. If you cannot prove all the four factors above, you would not prevail in your lawsuit for Intentional Infliction of Emotional Distress.

You can use the following sites to find local Attorneys:

Kindly give a positive rating to my response so that I can receive credit for responding to your post. There is no additional cost to you for doing this.

Thank you for your cooperation.