ScottyMacEsq, Lawyer
Experience:  Licensed Texas General Practice Attorney
19487448

Is a federal law that full time employees of a profital

Customer Question

Is a federal law that full time employees of a profital business must offer their full time employees health insurance. My children are full time employees and pay a fine for not having health insurance on their tax return.
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  ScottyMacEsq replied 4 months ago.

Thank you for using JustAnswer.

I'm sorry to hear about your situation. No. The health care law does not require employers to provide health insurance for their employees. However, employers with 50 or more full-time employees that do not offer insurance, offer insurance that is unaffordable, or offer coverage that does not meet a minimum value standard are subject to fees. Again, note that it's NOT a requirement that they provide health care, whether or not they're profitable. And if there are less than 50 full time employees, then they don't even pay a fine for not providing that health care.

I know this is probably not what you wanted to hear, but it is the law. I hope that clears things up anyway. If you have any other questions, please let me know. If not, and you have not yet, please rate my answer AND press the "submit" button, if applicable. Please note that I don't get any credit for the time and effort that I spent on this answer unless and until you rate it positively (3 or more stars). Look for the stars on your screen (★★★★★). Thank you, ***** ***** luck to you!

Did you have any other questions before you rate this answer?

Are you there? Please note that I am still here, awaiting your response or rating... (please note that rating closes this question out, so if there's nothing else, please rate it so that I can assist other customers that are waiting for answers to their questions)

Should I continue to await your response, or may I assist the other customers that are waiting?

My apologies, but I must assist the other customers that are waiting. If you have any other questions, please let me know. If not, and you have not yet, please rate my answer AND press the "submit" button, if applicable. Please note that I don't get any credit for the time and effort that I spent on this answer unless and until you rate it positively (3 or more stars). Look for the stars on your screen (★★★★★).

If you feel that I have gone above and beyond in this answer (my average answer is about 10 minutes) bonuses are greatly appreciated. Thank you, ***** ***** luck to you!

▼ RATING REQUIRED! ▼ Please don't forget to Rate my service positively. It's only after you rate that I am credited.