Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA, recognized by ABA for excellence.

My wife lost her job on July 14 2016 and on July 16 2016 our

Customer Question

My wife lost her job on July 14 2016 and on July 16 2016 our medical coverage was cancelled. We were given no notice and were not given the option of paying the premium our self. Is this legal ? My wife was terminated for what was called unsatisfactory work. She is a dietitian by trade with a master degree and over 30 years of experience in this field. We really believe age was the reason.
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Marsha411JD replied 2 months ago.

Thank you for the information and your question. Just for clarification, what do you mean that she contacted the employer to no avail? What exactly did the employer say? Also, did the employer ever tell her that she was terminated for gross misconduct?

I see that you read my request for more information, but not where you responded. If you did attempt to respond, it did not come through. Once you respond, I can answer your question. If you no longer need assistance, you can contact customer service to ask for a refund of any deposit you might have left with the Site. Thank you