Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  20+ Years of Employment Law Experience
10285032

I would like to get my Funeral Directors and Embalmers

Customer Question

I would like to get my Funeral Directors and Embalmers License in Ala. but am required to pass the State and National funeral directors/embalmers exams. I have Parkins Disease and Dementia which studying will do me no good . I have completed schooling and have a degreee in the Pofession- can I get a medical wavier ?
Category: Employment Law
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
i am on social security disability andwould like to return o work, i am 56
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
return to work at 56 sorry
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
i realize i can't work full time, but part time is a reality
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 11 months ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
Unfortunately, there is no such medical waiver to allow you to skip taking the exam and passing it. They can give you some reasonable accommodations to allow you to take the examination, but you would still have to pass the examination like everyone else to get the license. If you cannot pass the examination, then you would need to consider some other type of work that would not require you to pass an examination for licensing.