Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA, recognized by ABA for excellence.

I recently informed my human resource department that the

Customer Question

I recently informed my human resource department that the office assistant/human recourse assistant had informed me that I was not to be called in to participate in a survey about the condition of the store and how our manager is performing in my department.She said that this came down from the store manager as well as my department manager.There was another associate sitting next to me listening to our conversation.My human rescource manager asked me who knew about this situation and I gave her the names of the people who were not to be called up to take this survey about the store.About 5 days later I was called into the store managers office and I was informed that I was going to be having a conference call with the human resource manager and the store manager.The human rescource manager accused me of lying because I did not mention the name of the associate who was sitting next to me when the assistant human resorce manager was giving me the names of people who were not to be called to take survey.I told her I did not want to involve this girl because she was already involved in another investigation and was under a great deal of stress as a result.The human resource manager said, no excuse and informed me I was being suspended, and to leave the store immediately.Four days later I received a call fron her stating that I was to come back to work, and they were paying me the suspended time.All of a sudden her voice became very shakey and she informed me that I was not suspended because I called in this info. and that I should feel free to come forward with any wrong doing I saw happening in the store.She said the store manager had said to her that I thought I was being retaliated against for coming forward wit the info. I had given her about survey, which is true> I did think I was being retaliated against because it involved the store manager.I decided to give my notice the next day that I worked, and went up store managers office and informed her I was leaving. I no longer felt comfortable working in a store where I was not liked by my manager and the store manager, and I was very stressed out over the suspension, which I felt I did not deserve at all.Suspensions go on an employees record, so that was another form of retaliation that lasts for a year on my record.DID they do a just suspension?
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Loren replied 3 months ago.

Good afternoon. I am Loren, a licensed attorney, and I look forward to assisting you.

Do you have a written employment agreement requiring cause for discipline or termination?

Do you have any reason to believe you are being treated differently due to your race, religion, ethnicity, etc.?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Expert:  Asad Rahman replied 3 months ago.

Loren" Have you opted out?