Nishan Parlakian
Nishan Parlakian,
Experience:  Principal at Consumer Law Office of Nishan Parlakian, Esq.
22033236

I was placed on a 30 day with pay admin leave. Shouldn't I

Customer Question

I was placed on a 30 day with pay admin leave. Shouldn't I be earning vacation time? They asked me to come in on the last day of leave and I ended up being late. Our HR person had left but I was told I had to be escorted in to retrieve my personal items because security was told I was "fired". They have not paid me for the last two weeks of my "30" admin leave. Normally this is a direct deposit. How can they withhold my money.
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Nishan Parlakian replied 11 months ago.

Hi, i'm sorry for your troubles and it is worse because from what I can see you were not paid, where you should have been paid. First thing, take a breath and let's get the money if possible. Second, did you send a demand in writing for the two weeks that is coming to you? The letter should be simple, Dear HR. I have not been paid for my last two weeks of work for the period beginning______ and ending ______. As you know I was placed on PAID Administrative leave for 30 days and as such my last two weeks of pay is due and payable to me. Please call me at _______________, so I may no when my check or direct deposit is coming. This is sent with all rights and remedies available to me, including those at Federal employment Law including EEOC claims, without prejudice." That has to be the first step. The follow up with a call. You are due the money or an explanation if somehow a payment was accidentally missed. But no, if they legitimately owe you your pay, they must pay you. Send this letter by fax, regular mail and certified mail return receipt requested or by overnight trackable mail. If I am missing something please let me know. Thanks, ***** ***** me. Best, Sean