Expert_James
Expert_James,
23431962

I need to maintain my visa status hence applied to a grad

Customer Question

I need to maintain my visa status hence applied to a grad school for my masters. This grad college needed specific words in the official letter from the company I work for, but the company was not willing to provide the letter with those words such as I would be working for my CPT for 40 hours. After a long run over this between college and company. I did forge the letter adding a line that the college needed and submitted the letter to get the admission. After a week or so the college sent an approval of my admission, to the company along with the letter I submitted. I committed this under lots of stress. I am really afraid of this. Please advise me on what happens if i am caught by the company for forging the company letter (adding a line that college asked for) to get admission in grad school.
Category: Employment Law
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I feel my statement was short for you to conclude with an answer. Let me add more on the issue.
I did my masters in the US and joined work with the F1 student visa and I have been working on OPT since a year. The OPT (Optional Practical Training training) is given for only one year, It was coming to an end I was left with no choice, but to join another college to continue my F1 visa status. This time, I had to apply for CPT (career practical training) at my office to maintain my visa status and continue to work. I applied to a grad school for my masters. This grad college needed specific words in the CPT letter issued from the company I work for. The company provided me the CPT authorization letter but was not willing to provide the letter with those words such as I would be working for my CPT for 40 hours.
After lots of efforts over this between college and company. I forged the company letter adding a line that the college needed and submitted the letter to get the admission. After a week or so the college sent an approval of my admission, to the company along with the letter I submitted. I committed this under lots of stress. I am really afraid of this. Please advise me on what happens if I am caught by the company for forging the company letter (adding a line that college asked for) to get admission in grad school.
Expert:  Expert_James replied 4 months ago.

Hello! Thank you for using Just Answer. I am James, and I will be assisting you. As we work through your questions, think about this as a back and forth conversation. Once you've received the information you need, you can thank me by issuing me a positive rating of 3, 4, or 5 stars. This is the only way I get credit for doing my job, so please do not forget this before leaving the site.

ANSWER: There are not direct paths from E-1 to green card.

There are only a few ways a person can get a green card for permanent residency:

- family based immigration

- employment based immigration

- DV lottery

- asylum/refugee status

- special immigrant visa (like religious worker green card)

- immigrant investor visa (invest at least $500,000 or $1 million, depending on the circumstances, and creating 10 jobs for US employees).

I am happy to provide information about any of those options, but it would be best for you to tell me exactly which one you are interested in.

Hi, I’m just checking in to see how things are going.

I see you have reviewed my answer but I have not yet received a rating for my customer service. Do you need more help or need me to explain anything else? Please respond so that I know what to do next.

Thank you.

Hi Simmi,

I am so sorry about any confusion, but it seems there is a technical issue which is causing answers to other customers to appear on your page.

Let's try this again... What is your specific immigration question?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Dear *****, I made the payment today but I do see my question is related to offence and the answer is related to immigration, I am trying to get to the right department of law for my query. Please note my query is not for immigration it's related to an offence. hope i get directed to the right place.

So you want criminal law or employment law?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
James, I hoped that my case would be picked by or routed to the criminal law expert.