Infolawyer, Lawyer
Experience:  Licensed attorney helping employers and employees.

I have a EEO case going to the mediator in August 30. The

Customer Question

Hi. I have a EEO case going to the mediator in August 30. The FAA lawyers are asking me to discuss my settlement with the. I didn't loose my job due to my due diligence in starting the EEO case. I don't know how to put a number on pain and suffering. I've been diagnosed with PTSD. That will be forever. I lost as little time as possible because my boss was causing me of sleeping with everyone when I was on travel and should have been working, fraud on my vouchers.... How do I put a price on pain and suffering? I have 19 yrs with the FAA and I am 58 years old.
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Infolawyer replied 3 months ago.

You have raised a very difficult question. Pain and suffering is not defined with a formula or percentage. That said, some courts first determine your medical bills and lost income, and then award pain and suffering at a multiple of 2-3 times of that amount. I would have an expert project lost income and medical expenses first to determine the amount being asked, and always seek much more than you are comfortable settling for.

Please rate me excellent.

and if you have a follow up, you can ask me too.