Infolawyer, Lawyer
Experience:  Licensed attorney helping employers and employees.
11313492

I have been working on my job years. the person they have

Customer Question

i have been working on my job for several years. the person they have over me seems too be Bipolar but not sure. He is on some type of medication for a mental condition I have herd. every pace he works he seems to be hated by the people that work around them. He is rude he has no patients, and seems to get into fights with many people on the job. He was the one responsible for training me and every time I need his help it seems to turn into an argument. He has no patients if you try to talk to him for more than 30 seconds due to you do not understand what he is talking about he makes a threat to you in the form of telling me if I do not understand the perhaps he needs to bring me to the bosses and maybe they can help me understand. He is short with you. He makes his eyes big. he walks off from you rite away if he does not like what you said without discussing it with you if he is unhappy. He has literally no communication skills at all. He has told me that he does not like me. I brought this too the management and they need him due to the type of job he does they cant afford to loos him and I am thee one that works in the section with him every day preforming a different task. I told the management that I was being harassed by the shop bosses due to the guy I was working with kept trying to I felt trying to discrete me. The shop bosses need him so I would naturally be the one that would take the flack. The head shop boss would yell and scream at the other employees as well. So like I said I took all of this to head of management they opened an investigation and interviewed everyone and there conclusion was that there was a problem with the guy I was working with and the shop boss so what did they do they put me rite back with the guy that was causing the hostile work environment. now everyday I go in I feel depressed and sad this guy I Work with sucks all the life out of the room he never has a kind word to say. I told management that what I have learned has been in spite of him not because of him. He is not capable of communicating. everyone that has worked with this guy has either quit or moved to a different position and they are always getting into arguments. I have only seen one person that can get along with him. When I wan in Okinawa with him he was the floor walker for the Air Force and all of the airman hated him. I am at wits end and I feel I was placed into a no win situation with this guy and I feel I will be let go and I do not know what to do. he even had management jump on me because I told him about my vacation. Crazy and depressed what do I do. The company was suppose to interview everyone again and it has been about 9 months and it has not taken place. I feel they they are sweeping this under the rug and I will wind up loosing my job. I feel that working with anyone else that has patient and communication skills I would have no problem but he is the only one that know what to do that can train me. this is why I feel I am put into a no win situation. please help.
JA: Because employment law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: NV
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: NO
JA: Anything else you think the lawyer should know?
Customer: Not I can think of rite now
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Infolawyer replied 4 months ago.

what outcome are you seeking at this point?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
1. I want to know if I have a case for harassment if I get let go for wrongful termination?
2. What is the text book definition for harassment in NV?
3. What can I do in the meantime to protect myself?
4. I work for Mission first at Nellis AFB. for the last 4.5 years. I get paid good.
Can you please answer all the questions in detail for me?Thanks for all of your help Sincerely *****
Discriminatory claims need to be based on a suspect classification.The eeoc is a federal agency charged with reviewing discrimination complaints. www.eeoc.gov is its site and you can pursue a complaint using it.You have a few options. Let me outline them. You can pursue a complaint in civil court. You may sue for losses suffered plus costs and interest. You can also file a complaint with the attorney general office. You can threaten these options before pursuing and use for leverage. local counsel can also get involved!You can protect yourself by documenting the harassment with detailed records and witness who can confirm what happened.I tried to expedite your question. kindly click on a rating of OK or higher for the answer.
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
1.What is the legal definition of harassment in NV? You forgot to answer this one.
2. you also mentioned discrimination. I was talking about harassment. Did you see something I did not?
3. you did a great job otherwise.
Harassment is part of discriminatory conduct but further includes unwanted contact on being asked to cease and desist. I tried to expedite your question. kindly click on a rating of OK or higher for the answer.