Infolawyer, Lawyer
Experience:  Licensed attorney helping employers and employees.

I worked as a dog groomer under the understanding that I was

Customer Question

I worked as a dog groomer under the understanding that I was a indecent contracted in Oregon . However there was several things that I felt did not fall under the independent contractor law. I have noe been let let go and wonder what to do next I did file a claim eith unemployment even though I know as a independent contractor I would not qualify but if the find that I actually was treated as a independent contractor and mor like a employee then I would think that I should be able to collect unemployment and that the shout have to pay my taxes on what the paid me. Is this correct and how do I go about starting this . Any information will be helpful . Thank you ***** *******
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Asad Rahman replied 2 months ago.
The key factor in determining whether you were an independent contractor is to evaluate how much control the company had over your work. If they had a lot of control such as setting schedules and telling you how to do your job then there's a strong presumption that you were employee
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Ti already new all this I need details . Cant they tell you how much to charge and haw much can they suppliy for you do you have to buy the own products ?

No the more control they have over the way you perform your work the more it appears you are an employee not an independent contractor. So setting your rates are making you buy your own supplies are

All factors that the court would consider.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I am not satisfied with this answer this is not anything I didn't already know I would like a refind
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Expert:  Infolawyer replied 2 months ago.

different expert here.

would you like a different answer from a different expert?