Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law
Experience:  B.A.; M.B.A.; J.D.
16551887

I was arrested and couldn't call in to work. I resigned

Customer Question

I was arrested and couldn't call in to work . I resigned because they using treading me with my case and haven't been charged with anything yet my Union did nothing but bully me and lie to me . So I resigned . Because I was afraid I wouldn't be able to get a job anywhere if they did what they said they were going to do. I worked there for 32 year can I sue them?
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 4 months ago.

f you were forced to resign, then you may have a case for constructive termination.

You can use the following sites to find local Attorneys who handle employment issues to assist you with the lawsuit:

Lawyers.com

Justia.com

Findlaw.com

Consumeradvocates.org

You should also file for unemployment compensation.

Since you belong to a Union, your Union supposed to help with this. If the Union has failed in their job to protect you, then you may actually file complaint against the Union with National Labor Relations Board

Best wishes,

Kindly give a positive rating to my response so that I can receive credit for responding to your post. There is no additional cost to you for doing this.

Thank you for your cooperation.