Attorney2020
Attorney2020, Lawyer
Experience:  I have significant experience in employment law.
63724254

I resigned from a pharmaceutical company. I was the head of

Customer Question

I resigned from a pharmaceutical company. I was the head of quality for a manufacturing site for 3.5 years. The company changed my reporting structure and I started reporting to the head of quality for the company two months prior to my departure on June 29th. I provided 2 weeks notice. The issue is that the head of quality was rushing our site to do too many things at once and compromised our position with the FDA. My primary function is to ensure we do the right things and stay out of trouble with FDA. I was very well respected by my peers and up through the CEO. My boss was a bully in the truest sense of the word. Two days after I left, the CEO announced he was retiring. In the corporate world, it means he was fired. So, I wanted to know if I have a case. Along the way of the new reporting structure, I had communicated my concerns to him directly and up the HR reporting chain. I could easily have 10 corporate people and more that would repeat and truthfully confirm that he was a bully and more importantly, placed the company at risk with the FDA. I am very sure if I pulled this trigger, the company would settle out of court. Please advise and thanks in advance.
JA: Because employment law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: NJ
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: No, you are my first contact.
JA: Thank you.
Customer: what would you recommend as "next steps", if any?
JA: Anything else you think the lawyer should know?
Customer: I think again, this person was a bully across the board within the organization and did rush the sites to potentially place us at risk with FDA. I don't want to pull the whistle blower card as at 51, I still want to continue working and enjoy what I do. He also indicated I lied about something I didn't and that made me make my final decision as all we really have in our life is our character. Folks can confirm he lied.
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Attorney2020 replied 4 months ago.

A claim may be prosecuted on the grounds of defamation or whistler claim for retaliation. However, you say you don't want to pull the trigger. Is it your intention to file a lawsuit?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
it is my intention to file a lawsuit but I don't want to do this if it is a losing situation. I have never done this before in my career. I am "not that guy" that files frivolous lawsuits. Whistler claim, as I understand it, is hard to prove. He never came out and indicated to not follow FDA laws. However, his manner in rushing "issues" that arise, is counterintuitive to what we do in Quality and "POTENTIALLY" compromises our position with the FDA. In addition to indicating I lied about something, the manner in how he bullies everyone into getting it done quickly is not good. I am sure he has an extensive HR folder for these types of issues and the fact that the CEO announced his retirement two days after I left, tells a story in and of itself. I am positive the company will settle and that is my hope. As mentioned previously, I had an impeccable reputation at the company. So, I need advice on how you see this. I know it is limited information and I did resign, but I honestly feel the head of quality was wrong and nobody liked the guy. Please remember that as I mentioned, I don't do frivolous lawsuits but what is this person did was completely uncacceptable. So, do I have a case and what are next steps? Thanks! I also want to switch to a live chat

The next step is to retain an attorney to file a lawsuit on your behalf. Here is a list of employment attorneys in New Jersey:http://lawyers.findlaw.com/lawyer/practicestate/employment-law-employee/new-jersey

Employment attorneys will not typically charge you up front and represent you on a contingency basis. With that said, call an attorney for a free consultation to see if they would be willing to move forward with your case.

I hope that helped. Please ask any follow-up questions. Please rate my answer so that I may be credited for my time. I thank you in advance for your cooperation.

Please rate my answer so that I may be credited for my time. I thank you in advance for your cooperation. Please rate my answer so that I may be credited for my time. I thank you in advance for your cooperation.