Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA, recognized by ABA for excellence.

My fiancee and I have worked togather as managers a year now

Customer Question

My fiancee and I have worked togather as managers for over a year now the company wants to move him because of an ex employee complaint they do have in their handbook no couples or family can advance without approval but the store across town has the gm's sister working there as a manager the store in butte has the gms wife working there underneath him the store in Helena has two gms daughters as managment there head of HRS husband is head of Maintainer and the owner just promoted his son to vice president so this rule is now almost after a year only applying to our store as well my mom died when they were taking over they had me bury her and return to work the next day and when questioned by the owner why I haven't been doing as well I told him that and his response in front of the diatrick manager and director of operations was maybe you should go see someone for that like perfessional help I put in a formal email complaint about the company not helping us out and the son called me and did not address my issues he told me that the email was not OK and we are on a team and I'm making people not want to help me yet they are sending emails everyday about the issues I could not fix because they did not fix the equipment I need help here I'm stressed I'm upset the fiancee thing if he goes to the other store that General manager and her managers do not like him she is downgrading and rude to him this is what I've been doing for 6 years and I'm scared because they will retaliate I've seen it before
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  LawTalk replied 3 months ago.

Good morning Tiffany,

I'm Doug, and I'm very sorry to hear of your situation. My goal is to provide you with excellent service today. I have been a licensed attorney for more than 30 years and I handle employment law issues.

This seems like a very crucial matter for you, and your questions and issues suggest that an in-depth conversation might best suit your needs. If you are interested, for a very nominal charge I can offer you a personal phone conference as opposed to continuing in this question and answer thread which is searchable and viewable by the public.

Let me know if you don't want a call and I will be happy continue here with an answer for you.

Either way, whether I call you or not, in order to give you a clear and concise answer, I will need some additional information about the circumstances, please.

1. What does the phrase "no couples or family can advance without approval" mean to you as you understand the policy?

2. Is the company absolutely moving your fiancee, or is it only under discussion?

3. Do you or your fiancee have a written employment contract?

4. What was the complaint of the ex-employee that brought about talk of relocating your fiancee to another store?

Thanks in advance,

Expert:  LawTalk replied 3 months ago.

Hi Tiffany,

I won't be able to assist you if you are not able to provide the minimal information I sought clarification on. Please get back to me with this information at your earliest convenience.