Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA, recognized by ABA for excellence.

I had a missed call from my Dr office. When I called them

Customer Question

I had a missed call from my Dr office. When I called them back to see what they needed. The secretary went and asked if anyone had called me. The Doctor had, but instead of saying he would call me back, or taking the call, he had had the secretary ask me a very personal question about a very private sensitive concerning my treatment. I live in a small town, and could hear people talking around her. I was embarrassed and appalled. She then called a second time to give me a message from him. I asked her if she was a nurse, and she said they had all left for the day, I then asked her why he didn't call me himself. She said she didn't know. She was just following orders. I am beyond mad that such sensitive information was disclosed to an office worker. I feel totally violated.
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Alex Esquire replied 3 months ago.

Hello. My name is Alex.
Thank you for your question.
I will be happy to provide you with information you are seeking for educational purposes only.

Do you have a legal question about the situation you have described in your post, that I can answer for you?