Infolawyer, Lawyer
Experience:  Licensed attorney helping employers and employees.

The editor of the newspaper I worked recently wrote a column

Customer Question

The editor of the newspaper I worked for until recently wrote a column last week that ran at the top of Page 1 criticizing a headline I wrote. He acknowledged that it was factually correct but charged that it was written without any thought about the way the head would be construed in the black community. He called the night crew that signed off on the headline tone deaf and blamed the entire situation on them. I've been in the newspaper business for 35 years and have never seen an editor trash subordinates in a front page column. Is there a libel case here or some other grounds for a lawsuit?
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Infolawyer replied 3 months ago.

There is a case for libel where false statements are made about you causing you harm. Where all of the elements are met, a case is viable.

Kindly rate me positively.