Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  20+ Years of Employment Law Experience
10285032

From:***********, Iam retired from DOD, at the time of my

Customer Question

From:***********, Iam retired from DOD, at the time of my retirement in 2000 they reduced all civil service time and military time down to five days a week. A supervisor
in Social Security told me it is against the law to change documented employment and
especially military time. I was a permanent watch stander in the military and Civil Service
and requied to work seven days a week;
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 9 months ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
Have you first filed an appeal to the military and civil service pension boards, that is your first step before litigation. If the pension boards deny your appeal and refuse to make the correction back to the way it was before they reduced it, then your next step is you would need a local federal benefits attorney to represent you as this would go to the US District Court or the Court of Federal Claims in DC and you would have to pursue them for reducing your benefits improperly.
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
OK I am satisfied with your advice.
DP
Thank you for your reply.
Please do not forget to leave positive feedback by clicking on the 5 stars at the top of your page , as the experts are not employees of the site and get no credit for spending time with customers unless they leave positive feedback. Thank you.