LawTalk, Attorney
Experience:  30+ years legal experience and I keep current in Employment Law through regular continuing education.
15277592

Well I need a question answer an maybe you can help tomorrow

Customer Question

well I need a question answer an maybe you can help tomorrow I will be going to my directors office to find out if I am going to get fired due to reporting on a harassment and bullying supervisor which now has made up a lie an reported me as to saying something about someone that is totally a lie. I know that I will be terminated but the director would not say when she called me I've been on suspension for 2 days, I want to take someone with me to hear what is said due to so many lies that has been told am I allowed to have someone with me since there will be 3 people in there to come at me? I have spoken to a lawyer an she said I have a right to but I want to make sure because my dad wants to be with me is that allowed.
JA: Because employment law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: I wanted to quit but the lawyers I've spoken to have adviced me not to but I have no one near me to go with me except my dad an he is coming a 100 miles in to go with me so make sure I'm not bullied as I have already been done
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: yes but they aren't near here an I'm not fired yet an they can't be with me until then
JA: What advice did they give you?
Customer: That I could have someone with me I just need to know if my dad is ok to be that person
JA: Anything else you think the lawyer should know?
Customer: I need to know asap cause it's in the morning at 10 am
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  LawTalk replied 11 months ago.

Good afternoon,

I'm Doug, and I'm very sorry to hear of your situation. My goal is to provide you with excellent service today.

This seems like a very crucial matter for you, and your questions and issues suggest that an in-depth conversation might best suit your needs. If you are interested, for a very nominal charge I can offer you a personal phone conference as opposed to continuing in this question and answer thread which is searchable and viewable by the public.

Let me know if you don't want a call and I will be happy continue here with an answer for you.

Either way, whether I call you or not, in order to give you a clear and concise answer, I will need some additional information about the circumstances, please.

1. What lie are you expecting has been told about you?

2. Why were you suspended?

3. What state are you in?

Thanks in advance,

Doug