Attorney2020
Attorney2020, Lawyer
Experience:  I have significant experience in employment law.
63724254

How much does this cost me? question? I am in NY, No. I was

Customer Question

How much does this cost me?
JA: I'm not sure of the exact price, but there's only a $5 deposit. The rest of the price information will be on the page I send you to.
Customer: for one question?
JA: Because laws vary from state to state, could you tell me what state is this in?
Customer: I am in NY
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: No.
JA: Anything else you think the lawyer should know?
Customer: I was terminated from my employer for misconduct, according to my previous employer on 5/27/2016. However, I feel the company was seeking a reason to dismiss me.
JA: Because employment law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: NY State
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Attorney2020 replied 4 months ago.

Why do you believe the employer was seeking a reason to terminate you?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Because the coworker and I never got along. I believe the coworker may have threatened a $300,000 law sutie. This was unintentially said to me from my previous manager.If they could prove I was not following the P & P's, then they would have a valid (lawful) reason to terminate me.There was a new policy put in effect 5/18, which stated no fragrance policy. I started using essecial oils for health benefits and the coworker claimed she was allergic to them and this is why the policy was put in effect. I at once no longer used my oils before or during woork days. Only after I left work. However, I did fail to leave a bottle of cleaner at my desk and the manager terminated me, stating he knew I was using them.

Do you believe you were terminated because of your gender, disability, age, sexual orientation or age?