Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA, recognized by ABA for excellence.
4460311

I work and live in NJ. I verbally asked my employer copy of

Customer Question

I work and live in NJ. I verbally asked my employer for a copy of an investigation for a complaint against me. My employer has refused to provide me a copy because, according to them, other employee names are ***** ***** investigation. When I asked for a copy the second time I was informed there was no investigation, but a "fact-finding." They still refused to provide me a copy of the "fact-finding." Is this a violation of New Jersey Employer-Employee Relations Act?
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  John replied 9 months ago.

Hi, thanks for submitting your question today. My name is John. I have over 13 years of legal and consulting experience in this area. I’m happy to assist you with your question today.

Are you in a union for a public employer in New Jersey (e.g., state, city, local government position)?