Alex Esquire
Alex Esquire, Attorney at Law
Experience:  Licensed Experienced Attorney

Red an event planner wedding reception. Towards the end of

Customer Question

Hired an event planner for a wedding reception. Towards the end of the reception centerpieces were taken based on a miscommunication error. Went back and checked the contract and only the event planner signed the contract and not the client. Are we liable for the missing vases
Category: Employment Law
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
We are in the process of obtaining the vases. But don't believe it will amount up to the total number of vases missing. The event planner stated the vases were rentals and not physically ours. But this information was not conveyed in the contract. Are we liable?
Expert:  Alex Esquire replied 3 months ago.

Hello. My name is Alex.
Thank you for your question.

I will be happy to provide you with information you are seeking for educational purposes only.

Generally YES.

The client would be liable for any damages caused by the client or client's guests, regardless whether the written contact was signed by the client, since the wedding planner would be able to argue that there was an implied contract, since the client did accept and utilized the services provided by the wedding planner.

I wish you the best of luck!